Thursday, May 25, 2006

Summer's Here!




Today is the last day of school. Besides writing, I also teach 11th grade English. Today I have to give two finals, and then it's on to Memorial Day weekend. My children and I bought Six Flags season passes and we're going to start tonight.

As the year winds down, one of the treadmills that I run on will be turned off for a few weeks. I'll focus primarily on finishing the book due July 15 and also on writing something my agent has been wanting for a while.

I'm discovering that life is a balance. My family and I also plan to travel--July right now is wide open. Instead of doing RWA, I'm going to simply take off. We're also going to be tourists in our own town as well--doing things like attending a NASCAR Busch series race and going to the top of the Arch.

I dropped my August cover in because my Capturing the Cop cover is over in the bar to the right. Its run is finished this weekend, and it moves to a place in my backlist. The Marriage Campaign replaces it. By August, I'll be back in school (August 1 to be exact), once again turning on the treadmill and starting to run for the next 10 months. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

So, nothing really profound today. Just a wish for everyone to have a wonderful summer and may you find joy each day.

Michele Dunaway

5 comments:

Colleen Thompson said...

I *love* the new cover, Michele! Very eye-catching!

Enjoy your summer "off." Or at least enjoy the shift of priorities.

Anonymous said...

Love the cover(s) Michele! Have a great summer and fun at Six Flags!

tammy

JoAnn Ross said...

Oh, I love, love, love! the cover! (And wow, could it get any more perfect for a HQ American romance?)

Have a wonderful summer with your family, darlin'. It sounds just super.

Good luck with that deadline! I'm working on a July one, myself. (Like any editor's going to actually read anything the week before, during, or after RWA?)

JoAnn :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors, Michele! And I hope you'll have a great summer!

MJFredrick said...

I still have one more week! WAHHH!

Cute cover!